The Avery and Brian Experience
We help you create an emotionally intelligent workplace.
A four-part series on social and emotional intelligence
Do you know what makes you tick? What makes your team tick?
Health, productivity, and positive relationships are just a few of the benefits that flow from social and emotional intelligence. Studies have shown that our success at work and in life can be influenced far more by our social and emotional intelligence (SEI) than by our cognitive intelligence (IQ).
Our virtual personal development program on creating a socially and emotionally intelligent workplace will completely transform your team’s perspective on the importance of self-awareness, self-management, awareness of others, and relationship management.
They will learn:
- How to become more aware of their own emotions in the moment, as well as those of others, and use that information to manage their behavioral responses more productively.
- How to enhance their personal power, self-confidence, and positivity
- How to manage themselves more effectively to make better decisions at work and in life
- How to strengthen their communication skills and build bridges of understanding.
- What their strengths and potential vulnerabilities are in the area of social and emotional intelligence
The Business Case for Social and Emotional Intelligence
Research indicates the following statistics for leaders, executives, managers, and individual contributors:
- 80-90% of the competencies that differentiate top performance are in the domain of emotional intelligence (Daniel Goleman, Working with Emotional Intelligence, 1998)
- Emotional intelligence is much more powerful than IQ in determining who emerges as a leader (Warren Bennis, Researcher, Thought Leader and Author of the international bestselling book, Becoming A Leader)
- Leaders with higher SEI produce more powerful business results and greater profitability (Steven Stein in Emotional Intelligence of Leaders: A Profile of Top Executives, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 2009)
How the program works
Participants of the program will take The Social and Emotional Intelligence Profile. The SEIP is an evidence-based assessment developed by Dr. Laura Belsten using the latest Social + Emotional Intelligence research over the last 10 years.
The program is designed to be delivered in four 90-minute sessions. Each session focuses on one pillar of The Four-Quadrant Model of Social and Emotional Intelligence.
Participants will receive access to SEI worksheets, reflection topics, journal exercises, and access to additional resources to continue their developmental process.
Program can be customized to fit your organizational needs and is designed for leaders, managers, and individual contributors.
This session discusses the importance of self-awareness and the role it plays in one’s personal and professional development.
- Personal Power
- Accurate Self-Assessment
- Emotional Self-Awareness
This session provides tools to manage one’s own behaviors, emotions, and impulses in healthy ways.
- Behavioral Self-Control
- Stress Management
This session focuses on social awareness: the ability to be curious about the needs, feelings and concerns of others while seeking understanding.
- Service Orientation
- Situational Awareness
This session covers the ability to become adept at inducing desirable responses from other people.
- Communication (Listening)
- Building Trust
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Director, Classified Development
Fresno Unified School District
Director & Education Manager
Illinois Migrant and Seasonal Head Start
Book us today
Book Dynamic Motivational Speakers Avery And Brian