How you view the world can affect the opportunities you see, your expectations, and ultimately your results. You can choose to see the world as a place of abundance or a place of scarcity. One is certainly more optimistic than the other! Your view of the world is very different if you choose one over the other. An abundance mindset is hopeful, positive, and expects the best. It is also more altruistic, since you believe that you’ll receive what you need. It frees you up to do more for others. A scarcity mindset, on the other hand, leads to negativity and selfishness. You feel the need to look out for yourself, sometimes at the expense of others.
Viewing the world from a position of abundance has several positive effects on your life:
- An abundance mindset believes that there is plenty to go around. You believe there is plenty of money in the world, plenty of potential partners, and plenty of opportunities in general.
- In contrast, a scarcity mindset believes there is a limited supply of everything, and that someone else must lose in order for you to win.
- Life is easier with an abundance mindset. You believe that anything is possible. With that attitude, you can put your best foot forward and expect things will eventually go your way.
- If you have a scarcity mindset, you believe that life is difficult. You see success as being harder than it really is. You expect the worst and might convince yourself that it’s pointless to even try. It’s much more challenging to be successful with a scarcity mindset.
- Opportunities are easier to see when you expect to find them. An abundance mindset makes opportunities more visible. Seek and you shall find. Your expectations are often met in life.
- If you believe opportunities are scarce, you’ll struggle to find them. This is true even if they’re right in front of your face.
- You take more risks with an abundance mindset. When you believe the likelihood of success is greater, you tend to take more risks. The more you risk, the more you stand to gain. Those that are bold tend to outperform those that are timid.
- You’re more likely to play it safe if you view the world from a position of scarcity. You’re more afraid of losing what you have since you believe it will be difficult to get it back. The less risk you take, the smaller your cast net of opportunity will be.
- Those with an abundance mindset are more relaxed. When you believe the world has everything you need, you can relax and enjoy life. You view the possibilities as endless. Your overall viewpoint of your life is more positive.
- A scarcity mindset results in fear and pessimism. You believe you have to fight the world to get what you want and need. You may feel protective over your possessions and that people are coming for what you have.