Small wins pay off big. Success coaches and business experts agree that modest victories can provide major inspiration. Today we’re going to share some small things that can help you win big in the end.
Ready? Here we go…
- Keep a journal. Writing in a journal will help you recognize and celebrate miniature milestones that you might otherwise overlook. You’ll also be able to track your progress and understand the things that affect your journey.
- Surround yourself with friends and colleagues who provide validation and constructive feedback. Participate in groups that share your interests, whether it’s a faith community, civic organization or professional association.
- Set intermediate goals. Lofty goals can be overwhelming. Break your projects down into tiny tasks. You’ll feel invigorated each time you check something off your to-do list.
- Learn from setbacks. The flipside of small wins is the discouragement that can follow running into an obstacle. Acknowledge your feelings and turn mistakes into valuable lessons.
- Eat healthier. This sometimes can be easier said than done with your busy schedule, however, consuming more vegetables and sticking to a healthy diet may be easier than you think when you focus on only one change at a time.
- Get a least 8 hours of sleep. Adequate sleep keeps your body and mind in top condition. You’ll probably accomplish more if you setup a routine bedtime.
- Exercise for 30 minutes. Before you know it, you’ll be exercising for more than two and half a week if you start with just 30 minutes a day.
- Extend your network. Whatever you do for a living, networking is essential. Introduce yourself to a someone new a few times a month or reconnect with former colleagues.
- Stop hearing and start listening. Show the people in your circle how much you love them by giving them your full attention.
It is the sum of many small things that help you translate your dreams into action. Taking a small step forward each day will bring you success and happiness.